Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

VL Turbo Fuel Pump

Started by BoostedVT · 28 Jan 2016 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

BoostedVTArchived member
Hi Folks, Quick question my Vl Calais has been sitting around for a bit and tonight I went to start her up and I could not hear the fuel prime and the car did not start. So I am guessing my fuel pump is gone. Is there any other way for me to verify this? And also whats a rough price for me to get a new fuel pump installed?
0 likes
formula3lArchived member
Check the fuse Use a multimeter and check power at the fuel pump Pull the fuel line off and turn the key on and see if fuel comes out
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
As above ^^^^^^ If it is Ya fuel pump might aswell do your fuel filter while your under there!
0 likes
BoostedVTArchived member
Thanks for the info guys. I shall give it a crack. Worst case if it is the pump how much would a mechanic roughly charge me to replace it? The cars only making around 180rwk atm but in the future I am hoping for a full forged rebuild. Whats my best option fuel pump wise? A bosch 044?
0 likes
formula3lArchived member
Depends which pump it is the external one you should be able to do yourself the internal one is a little bit more complicated but it's not hard. Shouldn't take them more than an hour I would just stick with the one you got to save money upgrade later
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
pumps are easy do it yourself. get new steam bent efi hose for the fuel tank to pump fitting and new hose for the rest. a VLT pump is the same as a n/a pump and i sell my second handies for approx 50 each when my intank wnet I upgraded it and i knew mine was noisy so purchased an 044 which took me years to get around to fixing.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today78

5,893 threads, 39,535 posts and 572 images saved from CT

17.2% of indexed threads saved