Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

VLCT cranking almost starts??

Started by CALTURB · 17 Jan 2016 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

CALTURBArchived member
gday all just would like to know if there is a section on here on testing items when my calais won't start The problem I have is the car cranks but won't idle it starts for a second running rough then stalls?? Just would like to know if anyone's had this on here and found a simple fix on what the cause was.... ie injector plugs or loose plug somewhere I can start searching. Cheers guys
0 likes
B00STArchived member
Could be a few things mate. I would start with your fuel pump, turn ignition on to see if its priming and check your airflow meter.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
The three things needed to start a car are Fuel Spark Air Start by pulling fuel hose off to rail and see if you have fuel when cranking! 2nd pull out a plug, leave connected to lead and see if you have spark!
0 likes
StoogeArchived member
Did you end up getting your VLCT started CALTURB? I have exactly the same issue. Doesn't start. If it does runs for a few seconds then stalls. Its a manual. Have gotten the injectors cleaned, replaced CAS and bearing, have spark and fuel. No errors for CAS etc from the ECU codes. Abit stumped
0 likes
OliverArchived member
I had a similar issue and it was the in tank fuel pump.
0 likes
StoogeArchived member
Hey Oliver, thanks. I have replaced the in tank fuel pump and have fuel to the rail. I also have spark on all cylinders and injector pulse on all injectors. If I spray fuel into the plenum, it starts for a second or two then stalls. It's unlikely all or most injectors are stuffed as they were tested 6 months ago and just put on recently. Plugs aren't wet, just have abit of soot on them. Have power to the coil and power transistor, unless power transistor is stuffed? Still seems like a fuel issue. Will try some more tests
0 likes
StoogeArchived member
I replaced the external fuel pump and the car started. Had no fuel pressure as the pump wasn't working
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

2 members and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,224 threads and 20,548 posts saved from CT