Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

what engine oil is good for e85 vl's ??

Started by tzatziki · 11 Jan 2016 · 14 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

tzatzikiArchived member
what oil is every one using in their e85 rb30's? currently using lucas 20/50 race oil with zinc...good stuff, but expensive
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Penrite HPR 25/70
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgz [View Post] Penrite HPR 25/70 thanks...thats mineral oil right ?
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
im running hpr15 15w50 on e85 a6 bottom end 393rwkw i change oil every 1000kms if that to keep the poor old a6 motor happy haha
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by tzatziki [View Post] thanks...thats mineral oil right ? Yeah HPR40 mineral. If you use a full synthetic which is too thin I find my setup just breathed too much while racing.
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
^^stops hydraulics lifters pumping up as much to with big cams.. cheers darren
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgz [View Post] Yeah HPR40 mineral. If you use a full synthetic which is too thin I find my setup just breathed too much while racing. i see. so mineral oil always for e85 engines. u ran 10.4 @140mph...thats an easy 9 sec pass with that mph. ur cars got plenty left in her. well done Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
I use brad penn 20/50 partial synthetic the green oil
0 likes
vin-vltArchived member
i use HPR5 and change it at every 1000kms. (directions from engine builder) I also run an RB25 oil pump.
0 likes
vlturbo33Archived member
I also use the Penrite 25-70. Its a mineral oil. If you read the back of the bottle its the only one I found besides the big dollar race stuff that is E85 compatible. I change oil every 4 tanks of fuel so around 800-1000kms max
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vlturbo33 [View Post] I also use the Penrite 25-70. Its a mineral oil. If you read the back of the bottle its the only one I found besides the big dollar race stuff that is E85 compatible. I change oil every 4 tanks of fuel so around 800-1000kms max good quater mile time..9.9. wat boost do u leave the line at?? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
vlturbo33Archived member
Cheers man, should have a 9.6-9.7 in it with my new convertor (turns out the one that was in it was in several pieces on the inside) I normally leave on around 15 psi but have let it go at 20 psi a few times. Standard rear end is still alive after around 25-30 passes =)
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vlturbo33 [View Post] Cheers man, should have a 9.6-9.7 in it with my new convertor (turns out the one that was in it was in several pieces on the inside) I normally leave on around 15 psi but have let it go at 20 psi a few times. Standard rear end is still alive after around 25-30 passes =) wooow...good stuff mate. when i transbrake on 15 p.s.i...smokes tyres bad
0 likes
vlturbo33Archived member
26x10 MT slicks work a treat. Ive only blown the tyre's off it twice
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vlturbo33 [View Post] 26x10 MT slicks work a treat. Ive only blown the tyre's off it twice i see..how much are the 26x10 slicks each??
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT