Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Gumtree Scammer selling VL Turbo items

Started by FreakyM8 · 19 Dec 2015 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

FreakyM8Archived member
Hey I just thought I would let you all know of a scammer on gumtree that is selling a bunch of VL Turbo parts really cheap. He/She has made a few accounts on gumtree under different names always posting parts really cheap but when they give you their bank account details they are always the same. All the photo's on the items are from forums, Doing a quick google reverse search will show what forum the pictures are from. I bought a $100 3TM VL Turbo ECU off him without even using my brain, As soon as I paid for it I realized he didn't have a mobile number on the listing and he re advertised it after I paid, When I asked him about it he said that it was another one he had and he just used the same picture, That is when I reverse image searched the photo and found out it was from a CT for sale thread back in 09. After I told him I was filing a police report he took off all his listings and deleted his account and made a new one under the name "Ally" Here's his details: Ashley Thomas BSB: 650000 Acc No: 520003707 Bank: Newcastle Permanent Building Society On all his listings he states he is in NSW but really he could be anywhere in Aus. Here's one of his new listings. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-det...dId=1098532423 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1098532423) If this for some reason isn't allowed mods feel free to delete it but I just thought I would try to stop this scumbag getting any more money. I will be filing a police report on Monday and if anyone else has been scammed I suggest you do the same, With any luck a bunch of people reporting the same bank details will get the police to give a warrant to the bank to get his private details.
0 likes
WOGPSIArchived member
pick up available? lol ill pick something up Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SkinkisArchived member
That BSB number belongs in Newcastle, NSW, so chances are he lives there, or lived there when he opened his account. http://australia-banks-info.com/bsb-...mbers/650-000/ (http://australia-banks-info.com/bsb-numbers/newcastle-permanent-building-society-ltd-bsb-numbers/650-000/)
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today64

4,830 threads, 30,104 posts and 499 images saved from CT

14.1% of indexed threads saved