Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Another misfire thread...

Started by jbrnr21 · 23 Nov 2015 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

jbrnr21Archived member
Hey guys, before I get raped I DID use the search function first but I'm only seeing posts from 20/11/2015 for some reason... Ok... What it's doing: starts and idles ok, just test the foot on the accelerater in nuetral and has misfire, stomp the foot to the floor in gear and it misses, backfires through the airbox (occasionally) and barely makes it across an intersection, lags through whole rev range. Ok... What I've done: adjusted afm to 382ohms, adjusted cleaned and even swapped the aac, adjusted throttle position sensor, checked timing and set to approx 18 btdc, adjusted screw on computer, changed fuel filter, checked Dizzy cap (looks to be reasonably new), no residue inside cap at all, cleaned afm... Now with this my fuel pump is also noisy but it's a Bosch pump, wasn't sure if it was lacking fuel as the symptoms dont show this, I'm thinking the only thing it can be is the fuel reg, afm or cas but from previous experience if the cas goes it doesn't run at all. Any help would be great, cheers guys Jay...
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Spark plugs or leads
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
CAS usually runs rough when engine is at operating temp and will have trouble starting when hot Does sound like a fuel or spark issue
0 likes
jbrnr21Archived member
Was thinking plugs aswell... I think I've been thinking the worst, it does do it constantly but every now and then it'll clear up and away I go (for a few seconds) I've found a fuel pump and afm to use, got them for bugger all but I'll get a set of plugs tomorrow and test the leads (0.3ohms per metre isn't it?) but I'll keep you guys posted ---------- Post added 24-11-15 at 00:03 ---------- P.S. Where have all the old posts gone?
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Unplug your AFM while car is running, if it runs better then AFM is stuffed! Yep go get plugs mate why not! ---------- Post added 23-11-15 at 22:52 ---------- http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=71798
0 likes
jbrnr21Archived member
Fuel pump sorted it guys, thanks for your advice. Jay... Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT