Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Powerglide and 3.45 diff ratio drive line vibe

Started by dev-ito · 17 Nov 2015 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

dev-itoArchived member
Hey guys just recently changed the diff ratio in my Vl from 3.9 to 3.45 and now I get a bit of drive line vibration at low speeds is this just a normal thing because of a taller diff ratio with the 2 speed any feedback would be great thanks in advance
0 likes
SkinkisArchived member
I run a glide with stock ratio, haven't got any vibrations. Maybe check your pinion angle as I assume you've had the axle off when you replaced the gears. If the pinion angle is out a touch, you can get drive line vibrations.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Agreed^^ There shouldn't be any more vibrations with the lower gearing. I recently did the opposite and went from 3:45 to 3.9 with my glide... it's ****ing **** on the highway [Image in original archive]
0 likes
dev-itoArchived member
Yeah was thinking that I did change the upper control arms to boxed nothane ones and boxed the lower control arms aswell does any one know what angle i need like 15 degrees or something and I'm guessing the only why to change the pi�on angle is to use adjustable upper control arms ? ---------- Post added 18-11-15 at 12:48 ---------- Yeah Morgz I went back to 3.45 coz it was revving to high @ 100km when cruzeing happy with the 3.45 now
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

2 members and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,210 threads and 20,402 posts saved from CT