Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Engine build.

Started by Wadesvlct · 5 Nov 2015 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

WadesvlctArchived member
Hi all I've don't the head gasket on my Vl turbo sadly its not factory turbo engine.. Like the plates state I came across decompression plate as I was pulling it down how do I go to bypass this.. I've been quoted $12680 at csv Australia for a buit engine that will sit me at 550 rwkw on e85. I'm not looking to spend that kind of $ how would I go pissing of that Decomression plate
0 likes
SkinkisArchived member
Get rid of the decompression plate, buy a proper piston and rod combo that'll work with your current work and give you the comp ratio you are after. If you can assemble a motor yourself, a rebuild with fresh pistons, rods, rings and bearings won't cost too much, the only thing you'll have to let a 3rd party do, is the machine work.
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
Just buy the thickest Cometic MLS head gasket..... cheers darren
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,368 threads, 42,630 posts and 619 images saved from CT

18.6% of indexed threads saved