Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
hi guys ive either done head or a head gasket any advise on what the best gaskets are and head studs?
I was told cometic head gasket with arp studs
thoughts?
0 likes
You would be spewin as you just bought that car!
If your doing the gasket you may aswell reco the head?
I've heard nothing but good things about arp studs and factory nissan head gaskets!
0 likes
Spend the money and get a Tomei gasket! I've tried nearly every other brand and always come back to these ones in the old race car. ARP studs too. RHD Japan sell the gaskets RB26 one is what you need.
0 likes
Whats the cars current setup and what are you planning on doing with it?
ARP studs are a must and Cometic gaskets are good.
Cometic gasket are good and available in many different thicknesses. They are MLS (multi layer steel) and require a mirror finish surface top and bottom to seal correctly. Youll be getting the head skimmed as its done the head... perfect time to slot in a new cam.
I installed mine in the car with the help of a mate... we scarped the block as clean as we could and used a brand new blade sharpening oil stone (1000 grit or something) with some wd40 to hone the mating surface... bit dodgey but it worked
0 likes
Without removing engine to get the block surfaced , whats the next best method to getting a good finish to use a MLS .Light spray of copper coat?
0 likes
I have always used tomei also, with arp studs.
Reused my gasket 7 times before I replaced it, just put a coat of copper coat on it.
Have seen 2 mates cars with cometic leak when running over 25 pound boost
0 likes