Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey guys I recently just purchased my first vlct yesterday I was driving put the foot down a little didn't give the thing hell and I turned around to see white smoke bellowing from exhaust (water) what's your thoughts,? Someone said could be the turbo had let go. No water in oil or oil in the water seems to be still running okay just alot of water from exhaust.
0 likes
Do a compression check? Check your plugs for "wetness"
You could also try getting one of those radiator pressure simulator things, pressurise the cooling system and see if it will hold pressure?
There are some fancy pants kits online where you take a sample of coolant and add something, and if it changes color its indicating exhaust gases in the coolant, but that would prob be a pain in the ass.
Years ago i did a headgasket on a 3S-GE Celica, heaps of steam out the exhaust...
Sounded a bit like a tractor too The initial cause was a leaking heater core made it overheat , i guess it warped just enough to create a leak.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniee
[View Post]
There are some fancy pants kits online where you take a sample of coolant and add something, and if it changes color its indicating exhaust gases in the coolant, but that would prob be a pain in the ass.
Often called a TK-tester, can get a kit from Repco, think they're around the $100 mark or so from memory, great piece of kit to have!
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadesvlct
[View Post]
Hey guys I recently just purchased my first vlct yesterday I was driving put the foot down a little didn't give the thing hell and I turned around to see white smoke bellowing from exhaust (water) what's your thoughts,? Someone said could be the turbo had let go. No water in oil or oil in the water seems to be still running okay just alot of water from exhaust.
This happened to me about 3 years ago after I slightly overfilled the engine oil. Did it twice, I thought the worst, but lo and behold car has been daily driven and fine ever since (albeit with other problems, hahahaha).
PS, the white cloud that came from my exhaust was enormous - looked like a huge burnout
0 likes