Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Auto meter dash

Started by dougall83 · 13 Oct 2015 · 9 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

dougall83Archived member
Hey guys I've been looking through the archives and have been thinking about doing an auto meter cluster I know 12volt does a kit but I'm keen having a go myself Has anyone done one recently and what problems or hassles were incurred in the process was the speedo hard to setup and also wiring the high been light and indicator flashers ect
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
x2 I've been looking at heaps of photos etc Would be good to see how people actually mount the back plate into the dash or to the cluster surround Wiring gauges shouldn't be too hard I'm pretty sure you can use the electronic speed sensor from R33 gearboxes for the speedo I would like to know what is required as far as indicator lights, I know you need blue for high beam and green for indicators but is that it? Has anybody also wired lights for low coolant, low fuel etc?
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
Autometer speedos can come with gps theses days..that would be the go.. no speed sensors or cables cheers darren
0 likes
Psi_WagonArchived member
the dash i made uses the original cluster, hollowed out with a new facia with the gauges etc so mounting is the same as stock. ive got an r33 electric sender for my speedo. and i still retain the original light panel above the dash with all the indicators etc ill try find a pic... ---------- Post added 01-11-15 at 20:36 ---------- (http://s733.photobucket.com/user/PsiWagon/media/ProjectPussBucket/10062011429.jpg.html) (http://s733.photobucket.com/user/PsiWagon/media/ProjectPussBucket/10062011430.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
I was thinking the same, to keep the panel up top with all the lights. How does it look once it's fitted, does it affect the view of the top part of the gauges at all, cause from that pic it looks like it covers the tops a little
0 likes
Psi_WagonArchived member
hardly blocks it at all (http://s733.photobucket.com/user/PsiWagon/media/ProjectPussBucket/16062011432.jpg.html) i went as far as to make this aswell :P (http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww338/PsiWagon/ProjectPussBucket/30062011073.mp4) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
That is a brilliant idea! Love it
0 likes
86_vlbtArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Psi_Wagon [View Post] hardly blocks it at all (http://s733.photobucket.com/user/PsiWagon/media/ProjectPussBucket/16062011432.jpg.html) i went as far as to make this aswell :P (http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww338/PsiWagon/ProjectPussBucket/30062011073.mp4) thats killa Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SuspekArchived member
Hey everybody does anyone know who makes the auto meter gauges cluster?
0 likes
sohc2Archived member
they are on EBAY mate http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VL-Turbo-...AOSwax5YoQd U (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VL-Turbo-IQ3-Raw-Finish-Racepak-Mount-MSD-Haltech-Drag-Race-Cruise-Street-/182684619344?hash=item2a88da1250:g:pU4AAOSwax5YoQdU)
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 10 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT