Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

200 Series VL

Started by rowankn · 17 Sept 2015 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

rowanknArchived member
Hey guys, Just wanted to share some pics of my ride that I picked up recently and have been doing a bit of work on. Its a 200 Series VL which I'm sure most of you have heard of, but there is actually limited information about this model out there. I recently went down the path of trying to authenticating my car as I was questioning what was on the build plate. Since models like the BT1 and Walkinshaw have their option number listed after the their model number, I figured that the 200 Series should as well (V5B) The pinstriping isnt the stock colours but I was able to obtain an original 200 series bumper piece and am in the process of fixing this up. The front bumper currently has no pin striping as I just had it re sprayed but struggled to get the right colour pin striping in time before I used the car for my brothers wedding. One awesome mod I have done is re made the parcel shelf out of 12mm mdf and put neoprene on the underside and new carpet on the top side. I cut 6 1/4 inch speaker holes out perfectly in the centre of the original cut outs too. If any of you out there have the same model and can share your experience please post away! I do plan to eventually turbo the engine but will be planning to build a nice strong cruiser. I wont be wanting a 10 second car or anything like that, just a nice fun and enjoyable ride. Cheers guys http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...pswnkc2qvq.jpg (http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/rowan_kearnan/200%2010_zpswnkc2qvq.jpg) http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps8z72qtgw.jpg (http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/rowan_kearnan/200%209_zps8z72qtgw.jpg) http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps7jun9w0c.jpg (http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/rowan_kearnan/200%208_zps7jun9w0c.jpg) http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...psup3yi9f7.jpg (http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/rowan_kearnan/200%207_zpsup3yi9f7.jpg) http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...psajz72pri.jpg (http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/rowan_kearnan/200%206_zpsajz72pri.jpg) http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...psovneoybi.jpg (http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/rowan_kearnan/200%205_zpsovneoybi.jpg) http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...psesattwnc.jpg (http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/rowan_kearnan/200%204_zpsesattwnc.jpg) http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...pskb8asngw.jpg (http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/rowan_kearnan/200%203_zpskb8asngw.jpg) http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps7nb5qsub.jpg (http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/rowan_kearnan/200%202_zps7nb5qsub.jpg) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
philbyArchived member
Looks good!
0 likes
#adzArchived member
Fk yeah looks real clean inside n out. Have always loved the colour scheme on these
0 likes
rowanknArchived member
Cheers guys.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 225 images saved from CT