Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Fitting 255 radial onto VL , standard length diff

Started by <NICK> · 14 Sept 2015 · 12 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

<NICK>Archived member
Hey all , I saw a thread below with a similar subject I have a set of 255 et radials , which I have 15x7 chaser wheels for . I also have a set of 15x8 chaser wheels which were used on a mates VL years back to support a slick , just wanted to see what you guys have done in order to fit a 255 underneath a VL with a standard length diff , an also if it's best a use the 7 or 8" chaser wheel will the both work with the 255 ? I'm aware that I need to wind the seat belt bolt on and I have lipped my guards already , standard rear springs have also been sorted Cheers in advance !
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
That's a 255 60 on a 8" chaser, FE2, lipped guards, standard diff. I'd go stock springs if racing, they were too tall.
0 likes
<NICK>Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgz [View Post] That's a 255 60 on a 8" chaser, FE2, lipped guards, standard diff. I'd go stock springs if racing, they were too tall. I was hoping you would see this thread lol , I knew you'd know something regarding it Yeah I have a 255 60 , I've been told a 7 inch chaser wheel with a 255 works also , yeah I have a set of standard springs , although I run a custom spec lower control arm on my diff which is pretty much a chromoly tube and the springs sit 2 inches higher then a normal Vl arm , so it's recommend that you cut to suit your height
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Haha cheers! This car did a 1.3 60ft, diff is cut down 50mm off each side with tubular trailing arms and coil overs mid mounted. Rolled guards, cut down seat belt bolts, 15x7.5 convo with 5" back space. Also ran an 8.9 at 158mph using the 255/60/15 ET radial.
0 likes
<NICK>Archived member
Yeah I saw that on fb yesterday actually morgz , I just wanted to go with the whole standard length , I was just unsure to which width chaser to use , as I have a set of 7s and 8s , my tubular trailing arms are pretty much identical to the J Lang ones also
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
I think you'll be set with either 7s or 8s on the 255. Let me know how you go, I've got the 235 ETs on mine at present but I think they might be a bit too small to hook up properly.
0 likes
TUXEDOArchived member
The 8" wheel would be better. I had 255/60 ET streets on my VL with an 8" chaser, rolled guards and notched trailing arms with King low springs.
0 likes
<NICK>Archived member
I'll let you know definately morgz !
0 likes
MUSArchived member
What about factory Calais rims? Will it work or nah?.. I'm not sure of the offset.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
aren't they a 15x6? if so, they're a bit small.
0 likes
marathonArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgz [View Post] That's a 255 60 on a 8" chaser, FE2, lipped guards, standard diff. I'd go stock springs if racing, they were too tall. I think That's a 200 60 on a 7" chaser..maybe
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by marathon [View Post] I think That's a 200 60 on a 7" chaser..maybe MT don't make a 200/60 ET radial, and I don't know how you can look at a rim and tell that it's 7".
0 likes
marathonArchived member
can you tell me about I'm aware that I need to wind the seat belt bolt on and I have lipped my guards already more, coz have same problem too.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

2 members and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,164 threads and 19,895 posts saved from CT