Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Calais Radio wont turn off.

Started by MRMRG · 12 Sept 2015 · 1 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MRMRGArchived member
Hi guys, I come here in my time of need. I hope I can get the help I need. I have an 86 Calais with the stock cassette player/radio. About a week ago I noticed that the power antenna wouldn't go up or down but I didn't think much of it because I lubed it up before and it went back down. Then a couple of days ago I tried turning the radio off/ turned it to the off position and it still stays on even if I Take the key out of the ignition? Or sometimes the led screen will be off and the left speaker still plays music even with the key out. I checked the radio fuse in the fusebox and it's fine? Is there an internal fuse or something inside the stock radio? I hope you guys can help me because it's really annoying me. ---------- Post added 12-09-15 at 10:14 ---------- Also now the power antenna stays up no matter what I do.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
havent heard of that one before. i know they use to blow internal wiring so people would install an extra earth or relay or something but i recon thatd probably kill it. if you want theres a guy in melb i know who you could post it too. hes an ex eurovox technician and i can vouch for him rebuilding calais tape decks to as new!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT