Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
The 2015/2016 drag racing season starts again tomorrow at the Motorplex.
Who will be running their VLs this year?
I might take the wagon down either tomorrow or next Wednesday and see how it goes.
Cheers
0 likes
if everyone can keep an eye out for a built diff for me I'll probably give it a go!
Not keen on risking the KAAZ after last time.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChad
[View Post]
if everyone can keep an eye out for a built diff for me I'll probably give it a go!
Not keen on risking the KAAZ after last time.
What happened with the KAAZ last time?
0 likes
Planning on heading down there tonight to get a bit of a baseline for the car before bigger turbo etc goes on later in the year.
0 likes
Get there early! I wouldn't even bother going for the first couple of weeks...
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
[View Post]
What happened with the KAAZ last time?
Twisted the diff housing around the tubes, slightly twisted axles, wound the pinion up the gear and bent the pinion and where the bearing sits in the process and to top it all off I snapped the rear uni joint.
The KAAZ is the only thing that didn't actually break. I'm going to build a full spool to go racing this time.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChad
[View Post]
Twisted the diff housing around the tubes, slightly twisted axles, wound the pinion up the gear and bent the pinion and where the bearing sits in the process and to top it all off I snapped the rear uni joint.
The KAAZ is the only thing that didn't actually break. I'm going to build a full spool to go racing this time.
Gotta weld the housing to the tubes, wont happen again after that. Rest would have been due to it twisting.
0 likes
have done so already, I had no idea that was a thing until it happened to me...
I would rather spend ~$1k on a pure drag 31spline diff though, the axles were pretty twisted at the splines too, which isn't really from the twisting diff since they're in the same plane.
0 likes
There wouldn't have been 100 cars there last night.
Had three runs in 40 minutes, and it was surprisingly grippy for being the first meet of the season.
Anyone thinking about it should definitely go down next week before more people get their cars up and running.
0 likes
03-09-15, 14:49 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChad
[View Post]
have done so already, I had no idea that was a thing until it happened to me...
I would rather spend ~$1k on a pure drag 31spline diff though, the axles were pretty twisted at the splines too, which isn't really from the twisting diff since they're in the same plane.
You will always get twists in the 28's, I had twists in mine from when I was doing 12's. But I understand what your trying to achieve with building another diff.
Have you thought about selling the kaaz an just building a 31 spline, truetrak borgy? It all adds up in price pretty quickly tho.
---------- Post added 03-09-15 at 12:50 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinkis
[View Post]
There wouldn't have been 100 cars there last night.
Had three runs in 40 minutes, and it was surprisingly grippy for being the first meet of the season.
Anyone thinking about it should definitely go down next week before more people get their cars up and running.
Better yet, what did you run? Lol
0 likes
03-09-15, 15:01 GMT+10#11 Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinkis
[View Post]
There wouldn't have been 100 cars there last night.
Had three runs in 40 minutes, and it was surprisingly grippy for being the first meet of the season.
Anyone thinking about it should definitely go down next week before more people get their cars up and running.
Yeah not bad...
But as above, how did she go?
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
03-09-15, 15:20 GMT+10#12 Quote:
Originally Posted by fmx939
[View Post]
Have you thought about selling the kaaz an just building a 31 spline, truetrak borgy? It all adds up in price pretty quickly tho.
I toyed with a similar idea, but the KAAZ is perfect for the street and any circuit etc. It's also pretty tough.
It's only like 12 bolts and about 2 hours work to swap rear ends by myself, I kind of see it as the best option and it's much cheaper.
When are you running yours?
0 likes
03-09-15, 15:44 GMT+10#14 Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChad
[View Post]
I toyed with a similar idea, but the KAAZ is perfect for the street and any circuit etc. It's also pretty tough.
It's only like 12 bolts and about 2 hours work to swap rear ends by myself, I kind of see it as the best option and it's much cheaper.
When are you running yours?
Yeh that is very true, I couldn't fault my kaaz when I had it.
I have, went 10.5 at a track hire day end of last season. Not happy with it but was due to driver error an the rear was unloading in the 60ft. Got banned an that was the end of it, i will be back out before the end of there year tho
---------- Post added 03-09-15 at 13:46 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL
[View Post]
What's a VL?
I think you refer to them as shed ornaments
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
04-09-15, 11:31 GMT+10#15 I'll be out to race the vl on the 16 September at the Motorplex see if I can get kick out for going to fast.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 likes
09-09-15, 10:40 GMT+10#16 Im heading down tonight with the wagon.
Does anyone know if the battery can be secured with a strap or if it needs to be a bracket/clamp?
Cheers
0 likes
17-09-15, 15:04 GMT+10#17 Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.vl355
[View Post]
I'll be out to race the vl on the 16 September at the Motorplex see if I can get kick out for going to fast.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how'd you go!?
0 likes
26-09-15, 10:05 GMT+10#18 Quote:
Originally Posted by genki
[View Post]
how'd you go!?
Hey sorry for the late reply the car went well best for the night was a 11.47 @119mph 1.77 60ft still heaps of sorting out to do it'll get there.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 likes
05-11-15, 22:45 GMT+10#19 Anyone going down next week?
0 likes