Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

VL wont start, turning over no worries

Started by Slappy · 31 Aug 2015 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

SlappyArchived member
Hey guys, just gotten up to go to work but my VL wont start, it turns over no worries just wont get past that. Are there any common problems? I couldn't hear the usual humming sound that I get when I turn the ignition on, I don't know if thats a problem as I don't know where that sound originates from. Its 3 degrees here right now so I don't know if its just too cold either. Thanks guys
0 likes
jayknightArchived member
Disconnect lead 1 and try start it Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 likes
vinny macArchived member
Fuel pump
0 likes
SlappyArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vinny mac [View Post] Fuel pump Is there anything I can do about it short term?
0 likes
88vlbt1Archived member
In the fuse box, check the fuel pump relay, swap it with another relay and see if it works then. Other than that, a good whacking with a hammer usually get's a fuel pump going.
0 likes
00_QuantaArchived member
Check your injectors by putting a flat head screwdriver against them and put your ear to it, if you can hear clicking they're firing, if not they're ****ed or clogged, have fun getting them out, it's a **** of a job
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
4 years old quanta
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT