Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

SA VL bt1 colours? Light blue????

Started by vngenz · 23 Aug 2015 · 13 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

vngenzArchived member
Hey I'm after some info on SA bt1 colours, In particular VL light blue colour. I've found a VL light blue v8 auto high output bt1. Are they rare as I can't find any info on them. Any in would be great. Cheers
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
There's a few floating around, yeah definetely rare dude, I don't mind them!
0 likes
vngenzArchived member
Kool cheers Also some had been fitted with a HDT motor 5.7 350 back in the day I believe ??
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
I don't think do dude, I could be wrong but highly doubt it!
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
They're quite rare mate! Would be a good find if you purchased it
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
they were just dead stock auto 304's HDT had no input on them. theyre cool cars. should be plated BT1. colour i believe is sa bt1 specific. engine may have been added at a later date. also i think you mean 355 ? 350 is a chev usually.
0 likes
vngenzArchived member
Yea apparently some high way patrol cars where fitted with a hdt 5.6ltr 231kw motor. Rare as I believe. Baby blue colour tho lol
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Good old Vl urban myths!
0 likes
vngenzArchived member
Haha I'd say ppl study these things with a magnafiying glass lol
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
nah i think its an urban myth. when i had a calais na. i heard all sorts of ****. "kwatm is the most often used measurement of power in australia (killowatts at the mouth)" i had every other ****head tell me their mates cousin had a bt1 with a "freak" engine that beat worked everything at calder back in the day. one time i was sitting beside my na auto 320,000km claais when some guy started telling his friend how it was one of the biggest sleepers in melb and he recognised the plates. if its not on the build plate or birth sheets its probably bull****
0 likes
KALAYArchived member
I have a red v8 bt1 from S.A
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
I found a dark metallic blue v8 bt1 2 days ago at a scrap yard. didn't verify it was legit but prior to that i was not aware of ANY undercover 8 bt1's
0 likes
VL_JOHNArchived member
I've got a photo of one taken last week. Baby blue and driven by an old couple. I'd upload it if it wasn't such a pain.
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VL_JOHN [View Post] I've got a photo of one taken last week. Baby blue and driven by an old couple. I'd upload it if it wasn't such a pain. Cmon John..... As I've previously mentioned on here, when I was growing up around Klemzig as a kid. There used to be an ex cop car (baby blue too)that was a registered taxi in the 90's. Just off O.G. Road it used to live. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today103

9,390 threads, 65,474 posts and 795 images saved from CT

27.4% of indexed threads saved