Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I bought a calais turbo roller that has a drop box in it. I fitted the jatco trans last night and it is hitting the drop box hard. Has anyone come across this and should i just space the crossmember down? It needs about a 30mm spacer though.
cheers everyone.
0 likes
I wouldn't be changing the angle on the transmission.
Can you cut'n'shut the drop box?
0 likes
Not really. Are there different depths of drop boxes?
Maybe this one isnt meant to suit a jatco.
0 likes
Dunno, It didn't even occur to me to go shopping for one tbh.
I made one two weeks ago for the VL/RB/Trimatic combo.
It was around 30mm down to 40mm depth front to back. fits under stock console with B&M pro-ratchet.
Does your drop box have an angle to it? maybe it was fitted wrong way around in floor.
0 likes
Cheers mate. I will check it out tonight and do some measurements. Pretty sure its square though. Maybe its supposed to be angled
0 likes
the car most likely had a powerglide in it
0 likes
So i measured the box and it is square. It comes down 50mm from the floor so guessing its made for a powerglide.
Can anyone recommend a drop box to suit the jatco?
thanks
0 likes
What shifter are you using with the jatco?
0 likes
Im using a b&m quicksilver mate.
0 likes
27-08-15, 17:08 GMT+10#10 50mm is too deep for the jatco tranny. Will only work with powerglide, trimatic, etc. Is the box notched into the front of the tunnel as well? You will lose even more clearance there if it is
0 likes
27-08-15, 19:28 GMT+10#11 Cheers. I will have to get one to suit the jatco with a quicksilver. Can anybody recommend where to buy one from?
0 likes
29-08-15, 13:34 GMT+10#12 I make them. Details are in this thread. This box will also suit the quicksilver and jatco
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=260097
0 likes
29-08-15, 15:02 GMT+10#13 Psi086 does a quality drop box mines mint
0 likes