Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Has anybody actually had a look around and seen what they go for? Fcking ridiculous at how much people are asking. Same goes for the 308, these motors are pulling the same coin as LS1s (alot iv seen have/are) with 10x the kms and in crap condition. Is it because there harder to find now?
I have a opera house edition factory v8 and am considering pulling the motor out and putting it aside and going rb30et. I wouldnt mind selling the motor but if i decide to go back to factory v8 for future sale purposes it wont be cheap!
Im probably only considering the engine swap because im seriously sleep deprived and its been a while since iv enjoyed boost. Loooooove me some boost! Rofl.
Ahh the dilemmas.
0 likes
are we talking about blocks or the whole car?
i have had a lok around and yeah prices are silly but if you put one up on ebay at a 99c start itd go for a reasonable amount.
I've looked at the follwoing:
VL berlina 304 wagon powerpack. repainted with thin paint in areas. dent under rear bumper no driveline and some interior cut up. came with a donor car 340,000km v8 auto. air filter housing off. sitting in the weather. entire engine bay was a black oil mess.
asking price? 3g.
VL SA BT1 - "minor rust" well the entire underside of the rear windo cowl was rusted out. water pooling in front pass wheel well and other rust in other areas. it had been hacked up a little. stuff missing, body colour bumpers etc. starting price 2500. (not running.)
VL Exec V8 started off at 4g advertised. low 300km or high 200 i think. city car. rusty windows. rear end lights garnish bumper etc all unaligned so poor rear end collision repair. morning blue metallic paint faded.
ended up selling at 2g or something close on ebay.
VL exec wagon. silver. fist sized hole front screen. tailgate complete;y perished. high km... 2500.
its either that or theyre 6g plus and theyre all orange or hothouse green and 18"s and painted interiors and VS style badges etc.
I gave up and i'm building an efi VL V8
0 likes
Yeah I was talking about the block.. it seems cheaper to buy the whole car! These are some good examples you found for sale. I looked on car sales and thes fkuc all.
0 likes
Carb v8's are really hard to find now that don't need full rebuilds and are complete definitely keep it and all the original stuff to return it to stock as you won't be able to get it or will pay a fortune for it in the future
0 likes
blocks I had no idea. just buy an efi block who cares? and yeah i paid 550 for a vq stato 174.000kms which i got running with a few tweaks.
i've got a 308 VK block I think VJ plated. so last of the last of teh 308's. i asked 400 with heads. its been acid dipped and bored. some people on ebay are buying these buggered VL's probably for peanuts when the owners finally fgure out theyre not worth 3g and then selling them in parts with the engine being like 1500.
standard ebay wreckers markups. they won't sell.
0 likes
Got mine under 7k ORIG no mods _ engine never meddled with got it with 87000 on the clock, now 91500 on it.... Drives like a dream. It's an A9Q variant.... Never gonna -art with it
0 likes
Some people want VL V8 for the efi swap so it doesn't have to be engineered but its worth keep them original and Brocking them up for that sweet exhaust note.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyracer
[View Post]
Some people want VL V8 for the efi swap so it doesn't have to be engineered but its worth keep them original and Brocking them up for that sweet exhaust note.
Damn I miss my 5L Calais. I chucked on a Brock style manifold after the original corroded the water jackets, and headers with 2-1/2" exhaust. It drove great and sounded fantastic.
Even when I had my LS1 VZ at the same time, it was still fun to get in the VL and go for a cruise.
I'd love to get another one, but my priorities have shifted too much, and the funds just won't allow it.
0 likes
I couldn't get 6.5 for this last year , stock engine and trans, kaaz LSD, stainless 3 inch, pacemakers. Almost mint condition original tan leather interior, perfect Aussie made internationals etc
http://m.imgur.com/8zIiqS3?r
0 likes
06-10-16, 21:34 GMT+10#10 hey mate, is your 6cyl or v8, and is it auto or manual ? and is it red by any chance, i also have a a9q but don't know anyone else.. was in Albany just the other day aswell...
0 likes
27-11-16, 20:35 GMT+10#11 Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshuggah
[View Post]
I couldn't get 6.5 for this last year , stock engine and trans, kaaz LSD, stainless 3 inch, pacemakers. Almost mint condition original tan leather interior, perfect Aussie made internationals etc
http://m.imgur.com/8zIiqS3?r
Either you or the current owner wants $18,000 now.
Looked clean from last years ad. I did consider looking at it.
It was a nice buy.
0 likes
28-11-16, 07:12 GMT+10#12 Lol he's still same owner, 12k in 12 months lol
Monkey see monkey do
0 likes