Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

help with tyre size please

Started by B00ST · 8 July 2015 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

B00STArchived member
i have a vy ss with the standard 18's and is slightly lowered. Wheel arch is just above the tyre, i purchased micky thompson 235/40r18 street comps and they are useless. looking at buying MT street slicks and just wanted to know what tyre size i could fit. Thanks in advance, Mark
0 likes
ido09sArchived member
I wouldn't be putting ET Streets on a street car. Quite dangerous in the wet as they don't offer much grip at all. You also need to consider they only just have a legal tread depth from brand new and will have less than 3mm of depth pretty quickly If I was you get some high performance tyres like an Advan Neova AD08R. They are very good in most conditions and quite cheap if you get the right deal Sorry I cant help you with sizes.
0 likes
B00STArchived member
Thanks for the input mate, i realize they are obviously silly in the wet. In saying that its not really a daily any how. I may just give vpw a call and see what variations they have for an 18" tyre.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
235 ET streets arent too bad, mine hold up to 25psi on the street in a roll on with a gt35 setup. No traditional high performance radial is worth trying with a high performance car, they all fry.
0 likes
B00STArchived member
Thanks morgz, sounds like 235's will deffenetly do the job for my setup.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
I also use about 20psi in them.
0 likes
marathonArchived member
I agree with If I was you get some high performance tyres like an Advan Neova AD08R. They are very good in most conditions and quite cheap if you get the right deal
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 226 images saved from CT