Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Vl alternator smoking up

Started by Skd-pig · 21 May 2015 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Skd-pigArchived member
Hey guys need some help bought a brand new battery since mine died it was a Kmart one I put the leads on properly and everything and I go to start the car and before I start it smoke starts coming out of the alternator heaps and the battery terminals got hot and I don't know why but what could be the issue could it be the fuses or something please help ASAP cheers
0 likes
5spdvlArchived member
What are the specs of the battery?
0 likes
VL_NickArchived member
sounds like you connected up the battery backwards. check to make sure you connected the positive and negative correctly. probably fried the alternator
0 likes
Skd-pigArchived member
I connected it all properly man
0 likes
VL_NickArchived member
can only think that either a faulty battery or coincidence that the alternator has failed.
0 likes
Skd-pigArchived member
Which fuse is the alternator ---------- Post added 21-05-15 at 16:16 ---------- Just got the car started now it's misfiring or sounds like it ---------- Post added 21-05-15 at 16:17 ---------- When I rev the car it sounds like it's about to turn off
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Could be a faulty battery that has an acid leak, I've seen that happen at work
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 13 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today15

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 69 images saved from CT