Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi I've got a vl turbo with a custom forward facing plenum just wondering what sensors/vacuum lines ect need to be kept whilst using a standard vlt ecu?
The plenum is running a xf throttle body and has two threaded holes in the rear of the plenum. there's a bracket on the throttle body that's been made to mount the TPS. What else is needed?
Cheers,
0 likes
what idle air motor are you using?
0 likes
only thing connected atm is the booster vacuum line and tps
0 likes
Urgent need help with forward facing plenum.
I have an NA rb30 vl wagon. Ive just put on a forward facing plenum and xf throttle body. Made an adaptor plate to suit the vl tps. Im using one of the holes before the butterfly on the throttle body to go to the stepper motor and have welded the other up. All hoses and sensors are connected and airflow meter is just before the throttle body.
My problem is that it is revving far too high and i cant get the idle down. At idle it is between 2200 and 2500 which is too much. I have would the idle screw the whole way down which dropped it back from 3000.
I'd like to at least get it down to 1000 as it launches itself once off the clutch and 5th gear at 50kms is the only way that i can keep the revs down.
Any help would be muchly appreciated.
0 likes
Big air leak? Did you use a new gasket, or use a gasket at all?
0 likes
I used a new gasket. I accidentally put all the vacuums to the plenum as there was no spot for one on the throttle body. Kind of went in just hoping that it would work.
I have since tapped a barb into the throttle body and have a vacuum hose running to it. Blocked off the other on the plenum.
It dropped revs straight away but im still around 1300 at idle. Drivable but still struggling to get it down further.
I would like to get this sorted soon because next step is decomp head gasket and turbo etc.
Any ideas.
No leaks that i am aware off and idles smooth just high.
0 likes