Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

VL V8 Casting Numbers

Started by VLBT86 · 3 May 2015 · 0 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VLBT86Archived member
Ok a question for all Original VL V8 owners. Long story short I have an absolutely original VL Berlina 5.0 but the knob head I bought it off sold the motor out of it. So, I'm wanting to get hold of a VJ prefixed engine with a cast date of the month close to what it would have had in it. So my question to all of you V8 owners out there, what are the casting dates on your motors in relation to the month your car was built? I am thinking the motor might be cast somewhere between 1 and 3 months earlier than the car but this is only a theory so any help would be greatly appreciated. This may seem unimportant to some people but I am pedantic when it comes to originality. Thanks Guys.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,683 threads, 77,645 posts and 961 images saved from CT

31.2% of indexed threads saved