Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

wilwood master cylinder vl?

Started by 15nuts · 30 Apr 2015 · 9 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

15nutsArchived member
Hey guys my searches have come up empty has anyone see or know of anyone running a wilwood master cylinder on a stock vl booster ?? If so does onyone have a part number and maybe a photo ??
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
You can fit the Wilwood master, but you would need an adaptor for it. I've fitted the Wilwood master, but have gone booster-less.
0 likes
15nutsArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 3lturbo [View Post] You can fit the Wilwood master, but you would need an adaptor for it. I've fitted the Wilwood master, but have gone booster-less. Hey 3lturbo do u know who or where would sell the adaptor kit ? iv seen the wilwood boosterless adaptors on ebay and emaild them but have had no response. And to tell u the truth I dont think ive ever seen a vl running one but I have seen one or two vy,s
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
I have full wilwood setup in my vl including vl madter cylinder with no booster
0 likes
5spdvlArchived member
If you're spending coin on Wilwood you probably wouldn't be considering a booster
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 5spdvl [View Post] If you're spending coin on Wilwood you probably wouldn't be considering a booster True, but in terms of a street car I do think my car would brake a bit better around town with a booster. Apparently the VY/VZ booster and master cylinder, with Wilwoods is the sh!t.
0 likes
1815261Archived member
Are the Wilwoods ADR approved?
0 likes
elare69Archived member
has anyone done this wilwood master cylinder with factory booster ? as i need it done . my plenum hits the vt booster
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
Wilwoods are not adr approved ---------- Post added 01-07-16 at 18:12 ---------- I had the wilwood master with no booster nothing but ****ing headaches dont waste your money
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Wilwood callipers are not ADR approved but can be engineered as long as they have dust boots I can't find any information on the master cylinder, I would imagine you cannot delete the brake booster and I can't see why you couldn't get the wildwood master cylinder engineered.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 12 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT