Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Building a shortened diff to fit 9 inch rims

Started by drad81 · 10 Apr 2015 · 0 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

drad81Archived member
Hi All, I'm looking at getting a diff built that's shortened to allow my FR19 rims which are 9inch wide to fit in the guards and handle the power to come. I also want the diff to comply with the standard and get an engineer certificate. I have to confirm the diff length but I'm looking a the following. 31 spline axles Eaton Detroit Truetrac centre 4.11 gears Just wanting to know if anyone has fitted wider wheels on the back of their car and had it passed by an engineer. Should I be looking and stronger bearings or something more to comply? What were your engineer's requirements? Just asking because the engineers what $200 upfront before they tell me what I need done or even if it's possible.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today80

6,237 threads, 42,099 posts and 605 images saved from CT

18.2% of indexed threads saved