Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Easter car mania. Who's going?

Started by 86whiteb1 · 2 Apr 2015 · 7 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

86whiteb1Archived member
Hey people's, Anyone taking there pride and joys? First time going to any event like this since easternats since it was at sandown. Look forward to seeing the vl's. Cheers, Nick
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
shattered I'm working, as my car will be tuned and ready to go!
0 likes
86whiteb1Archived member
Hey morgz! How much is she pushing nowadays? Last time I was in her was when I bought your 35/40.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Went to the 42 and made 383rwkw on 98, now on E85 with a GT35 1.06 with a 68mm TO4Z billet wheel in it, to be tuned Monday! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
86whiteb1Archived member
You will probably make the same power with the right tune and psi. Seen some guys getting close to 400 at the rears with the modded 35/40s. Especially on e85. Sky's the limit on that stuff haha
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Yeah Shaun from here made 445rwkw on 31psi with one on E85 - so they can work very well. I found I had a lot of top end with the 42 and no midrange or torque - but it was a mismatch of parts ie: 42 with tx2 with 5200 stall. I'm happy with the power my car was making - 380rwkw is enough to grab a high 9 and trap 135mph+ in street trim. So if I can manage that with the 3540 id be very happy, as even untuned it's pulling from low rpm and just smashing the tyres hard whenever it comes near making boost.
0 likes
86whiteb1Archived member
Haha sounds fun did you need to change much in your system for e85?
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
yeah, I went to the ID2000s over the ID1000s and they sit at 80% making 600rwhp on E85 @ 31psi. My 1400hp Holley Dominator pump is nearing max flow on E85.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today46

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT