Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Vl turbo hitting block wondering

Started by Skd-pig · 20 Mar 2015 · 10 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Skd-pigArchived member
Hey everyone needed help with something just bought a turbo for my Vl it's a gt35/40 the housing is a ar/70 and I heard that this turbo hits the block with a stock low mount manifold so I needed some help with this do I need to shave my block or I need spacers or should I buy a smaller turbo thanks
0 likes
VLWPNArchived member
You need a 40mm spacer on your stock manifold which can be welded on to clear the block.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=255704
0 likes
Skd-pigArchived member
40mm spacer on the manifold flange or the spacer for the exhaust manifold part
0 likes
5spdvlArchived member
Spacer mate, no shaving of the block.
0 likes
Skd-pigArchived member
Alot of people shave the block but why isn't it good to do it
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Fu** me
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Don't listen to dodgy *******s that's why Go the spacer mate
0 likes
John boyArchived member
use the spacer and you might have to modify the engine mount bracket also
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Yeah John Boy is right you will probably have to notch a bit out of the engine mount Also I used a spacer on stock exhaust manifold but just used longer studs and the spacer with 2 gaskets
0 likes
John boyArchived member
a word of advice ........ dont mount the turbo unless you know its going to clear the engine block . make sure the turbo spins freely make sure it clears the engine block. i ruined a turbo by not listening
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 14 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today16

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 73 images saved from CT