Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Lately when im driving my vl and I give it a boot to get going it starts jumping like ive let my foot off the clutch early but I haven't my borther in law said it was either a fuel or spark problem so I checked the pumps and filters and I found a problem with the intake one and fixed that but its still doing it so im guessing it points to an electrical problem. I jst don't know where to start looking wheather its plugs and leads, CAS senstor, air flow sensor or oxygen sensor. was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction or if they have had this problem even have a solution.
cheers
---------- Post added 12-03-15 at 11:54 ----------
intank pump sorry not intake
0 likes
i would start with trying another good air flow meter and see how that goes. as they are a know problem on vl's
and if you have a working 2nd hand dizzy try that if the afm does not fixed the problem. if either of those 2 dont fix it will need a better description of the problem to help. hope this helps
0 likes
Ive tried the afm but that didn't fix it, ill have to find a dizzy now to try that. Its really hard to explain I will be cruzing along and the car will start jerking like the power is going on and off and I cant pick up speed. it happens irregularly to which makes it more confusing.
0 likes
if it was cas tho wouldn't it be more consistent??
0 likes
nar it wouldnt in some cases vlwagon ive had a cas play up only once i was in forth gear 80k's up hill and mine spluttered a lil bit back to flat ground was all good.
0 likes
^^^ these guys are onto it. Most likely cas. Make sure spark leads and dizzy cap are in good condition too.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 likes
ok cool ill try that first. its prob bout the only thing I haven't replaced on the car too ha
0 likes
27-06-15, 07:28 GMT+10#10 Had exactly the same thing, car wouldn't go past 2500 rev, air flow meter wasn't plugged in properly
---------- Post added 27-06-15 at 06:28 ----------
Instant fix
0 likes