Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

Parting out VLT

Started by Morgz · 9 Mar 2015 · 12 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MorgzArchived member
Hi guys, Changing direction with my car - so I have some parts for sale. RB30ET long engine - sump to rocker cover (TX2 cam and springs, 7.5:1 comp, ACL race series pistons, Spool H beam rods - rebuilt just before Aug 2012 - used as a weekender since, revs to 7850rpm, made 380rwkw @25psi on E85) $2500. GT4294 ProBoost turbo (78mm comp wheel), high mount manifold, dump, lines and drain, pod. $1500 Maatouks style inlet with xf throttle body $200. Happy to take people wanting to purchase the engine or turbo for a spin before purchase, any test welcome - providing I have time. PM or text [phone removed]
0 likes
86_vlbtArchived member
hey you got any pics of the inlet??
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
yep, will upload em tonight
0 likes
INFLYTmelbArchived member
Lumpy idle dude?
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Haha yeah sounds like a stock carby 308, I'll have to take a vid one day. I thin kthe ID2000s don't help the idle much haha
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
How many k's on the engine
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Can't say, as I don't have a speedo since I went glide about 6 months ago. I'd be very suprised if it had done more than 3,000kms. I really only drive it once every few weekends (we don't have E85 in Ballarat so I have to get jerry cans in Deer Park) so it's really not used that much). Basically for the cars and coffee events, and local cruises, no racing as yet.
0 likes
WOGPSIArchived member
hey morgz id like a pic of the inlet too please buddy
0 likes
NSNPWRArchived member
Bargain price on motor man...where to next?
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
I'm just in the go slow at the moment with it. I've got a high flow gt35 I'm getting fitted to it to see if that improves the streetability. I've bought a 26 head, so I'll build a new bottom end and new turbo setup - but looking at 20k+ for all that so any upgrade from here isn't cheap. Also been eyeing off the LS3 crate engines.. so I really don't know haha. But since I'm not asking much for the engine, and it's probably $500 to get it all taken out, I'm really not in any rush.
0 likes
SII_TurboArchived member
Spewing that i am currently in the states, i'd be very keen on that long motor, if its still available when i get back in a few weeks, i'll be in touch.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Too easy, I've decided to hang on to it for a little longer (few months) as the new engine is quite pricey, and I've also got a smaller turbo coming as I'm keen to see what it can actually handle and drive like.
0 likes
PatrickmmArchived member
Pics of the Turbo?
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

1 member and 14 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today16

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 72 images saved from CT