Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

opinions on my calais turbo

Started by clemovlct · 8 Mar 2015 · 7 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

clemovlctArchived member
Hey guys I have pulled my calais turbo out of the shed after sitting for 6 years. I need opinions on a few things. I sold the micro tech and 660 injectors I had in it. First of all I need a new computer, I'm going to go a haltech but I'm not up to date with the newest models n rough prices. It's an original A8 block and mx7 box. Also I want to get injectors but unsure of them, getting it through roadworthy I'm putting the standard intake setup back on it then I'm putting the front mount back on it and putting the boost up around 16 psi again, it was making 250rwkw before I parked it up n got rid of a few things. I've got a Bosch 044 fuel pump and bigger fuel rail. Any input about the latest haltech ecu's for vlt and some good injectors would be appreciated. Cheers.
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
The latest ecu from haltech is the elite 2500 but would b overkill for ur car at a pricetag of 3k next is the haltech ps2000 even then still pretty pricey if ur only running around 250rwkw maybe go a microtec lot cheaper
0 likes
Ceptor86Archived member
Obviously if your pulling it out of the shed after 6 years it's not something you would cheap out on. Go the ps2000 and the terminated harness that goes with it. Awesome ecu and the harness is very well made. I'm installing one in mine at the moment and can't fault it. Def go bigger fuel system too, then you will only be limited by your turbo and your wallet. Get in touch with a bloke called Stix, his company is Quickbits. He's in the advertising section. He'll look after you with the haltech gear and injectors. Top bloke, great pricing, good advice. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 likes
clemovlctArchived member
Cheers mate thanks for that
0 likes
RVL006Archived member
If you're going back to a simple setup have you considered a Z32 AFM with the standard intake setup/ECU and a Nistune? Also with that level of power a good set of GTR 440s would suffice, you can get cleaned and flow tested sets for around the $300 mark Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
I've got a z32,nistune comp and injectors for sale buy my setup Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RVL006Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by deanoVLCT [View Post] I've got a z32,nistune comp and injectors for sale buy my setup What size injectors mate? I may be interested myself! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Check my for sale thread! Selling full drivetrain!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 15 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today17

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 76 images saved from CT