Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Ball Joint issue

Started by VL_Nick · 27 Feb 2015 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VL_NickArchived member
I need some opinion on lower call joints in VL. I bought a set and they didn't fit. They were slightly too small and they fell back out of the control arm after they were pressed in. I have now learnt that there is an oversize ball joint available which is 7thou (0.176mm) oversize which I have found was already fitted to my control arms. Am I ok to get the oversize ball joints again and press them in or should I replace my control arms (expensive) I am worried that if I fit oversize ones again into these arms that they have been stretched too far and they may works themselves out again. Cheers Nick
0 likes
86_vlbtArchived member
should be fine if it took so effort to get the old ball joints out in the first place. but if in doubt just get new/2nd hand arms for peice of mind
0 likes
VL_NickArchived member
Thanks for the opinion, I think I will get them pressed into my existing arms. Should be ok.
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Never knew of oversized ball joints. Makes sense though.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today109

11,892 threads, 90,729 posts and 1,222 images saved from CT

34.7% of indexed threads saved