Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

SOMEONE HELP ME, PLEASEEEE!!! vt starting problem

Started by batmansg · 24 Feb 2015 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

batmansgArchived member
hey, got a 1998 vt v6, car wont start up unless I connect my battery to another car or another battery with jumper leads.I have scoured the internet but cant find anything that really covers exactly whats going.... on first thought it was a dead battery so I replaced it, still no luck. car will run fine when its been jumped regardless of how long its driven but when I turn it off it wont start up again - ive literally tried turning it off and straight back on but its like its dead. my dash lights and headlights still work however when I try to crank it over they dim for a couple of seconds. When i try to crank it over without a jump it cranks really slow and stops then starts clicking rapidly. I have checked all fuses, wires, relays, checked for corrosion on terminals and leads ect but nothing is working. I also charged both battery's overnight and it made no difference. checked diagnostics and it came back as system pass. if someone could shed some light and give me their advice it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MrSquigleArchived member
have a good look at your earths, make sure they are clean and secure. You could try running a jumper lead from the negative of your battery to the chassis/engine block and then try starting.
0 likes
batmansgArchived member
ok ill try that now n get back to you Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today81

6,311 threads, 42,422 posts and 617 images saved from CT

18.4% of indexed threads saved