Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Best rb30 CAS Brand? 2015

Started by MRMRG · 18 Feb 2015 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MRMRGArchived member
Thought i'd ask which is the best brand or place to buy a CAS for an RB30? I've been told by a friend's father who works at Bursons that ACA closed down a few years ago and that they were the best brand. I put a series3 r31 skyline dizzy in my VL that was recoed. The stock ecu didn't like the cas that was inside it. So I swapped to a vl CAS and it lasted about 7 months. So i'd just like to hear what people think is the best brand? I've had a cas last 2 weeks and a cas last 7 months so i'd like to hear where people are buying them in 2015.
0 likes
bachig24uArchived member
The Mitsubishi sensors are the one to look for. The CR31 or VL ones are interchangeable.
0 likes
MRMRGArchived member
Well when I got my series 3 R31 recoed dizzy the standard ECU didn't like the Mitsubishi CAS. Would constantly come up with code 11 and run like total crap so i'm not sure why people recommend them .
0 likes
bachig24uArchived member
Probably a different reason, alternator output, earthing, connector resistance affect the sensors a lot. For reliability the Hitachi ones just had a high failure rate in comparison.
0 likes
MRMRGArchived member
I've had a few people say it was the cas itself. The car ran like a dream when I put a different one in.
0 likes
KALAYArchived member
also, there are 2 different types that are not interchangeable. found this out last year all pulled from VL's last one was the one that fitted my car Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
bachig24uArchived member
The one on the right looks like an ACA or cheap copy of one, it's out of an R31 not a VL. The mounting holes are different even though the connector & pin outs were the same. as a whole unit, it could be used, but obviously not the sensor alone.
0 likes
MRMRGArchived member
So.. Can anyone recommend a decent brand? I've tried repco but they tend not to call you back or even have the parts when you show up.
0 likes
MRMRGArchived member
All Good guys thanks for your Input.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today35

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 241 images saved from CT