Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Car started and got about 30 metres before it stalled. Wouldn't restart - cranked fine and gives one 'kick' as if it is starting but then doesn't actually start.
I know the CAS is common, the only thing I wasn't sure about is if it will just crank and nothing happens, or if in my case it cranks and acts like it's going to start but just doesn't.
Just avoiding replacing stuff that doesn't need it.
0 likes
Have you checked if it has spark? (actully check if the plug is firing) also have you checked the fuel pump?
0 likes
It's on the side of the road, I will be back to it tomorrow. Just trying to be armed with the right tools and parts when I go back.
0 likes
Check spark first thing , might be lucky and it will start after sitting all night
0 likes
Being a vl and left on side of the road it might not be there today lol fingers crossed for you that it is! Start will the easy suff, spark, fuel etc
0 likes
To update the thread, it was the AFM.
More specifically, the pipe came off the intake between the TB and AFM so it was getting a heap of unmetered air.
0 likes