Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
hey guys i picked up a turbo inlet manifold but didnt come with fuel rail ive looked at the n/a rail and the mounting points dont line up with the turbo manifold. can there be modded to fit and will the injectors still sit straight and fit correct into the manifold
0 likes
Try to get the right one if you can.
Injector seating is important, the rubbers are only to provide a final seal and soak up vibrations, not to handle misalignment.
If the difference is purely where it bolts on then you could possibly make an adapter, but if the injector spacing is different then you are stuffed.
I haven't seen both side by side.
0 likes
I have a standard turbo one if u interested
0 likes
your inbox was full bud. but thanks for the offer i didnt wanna spend $80
0 likes
We are all tight on money I'm sure, but of you're not prepared to spend $80 on getting a proper result then your car will turn out really poorly.
0 likes
I had the same problem. I ended up going with the non turbo manifold and rail, and put the turbo injectors in. The rails are not interchangeable due to different mounting points.
0 likes