Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

VL turbo misfire problems need help

Started by 3QY30T · 15 Jan 2015 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

3QY30TArchived member
Hi everyone need some help or recommendations. I have a vl turbo with big mods like precision turbo 20psi boost all the other stuff to back it up. Cooler 2speed, microtech big injectors pretty much the works. I originally had a surge tank in the boot with a. 044 pump installed. The only prob I had was bad smell in the cabin so I opted to run just a pump inside the tank. And piss off the surge tank. Whilst this was getting done my original long range tank was rusty and unable to repair. So I sourced a standard vl tank because I couldn't find another long range one. We installed a 700hp Aeromotivepump instead of the Bosch 044. Now whilst we were doing these mods I also changed the big plenum back to standard vl turbo one with forward facing. It was laggy with the big plenum so I put the old one on. This was the mods done. The car by the way before didn't have any misfire problems. It was just laggy and smelly. New mods car was very responsive with the new plenum I was pretty happy. The problem I have now is the car misfires. For example I'll give it a hit and its runs sweet then I drive normally and boot it again and it shakes and splutters and feels ****. Car has been on dyno doesn't run lean as told by mechanic . Mechanic reckons it's spark problem. I took it to someone else and they say it's because I removed surge tank. my mechanic he's changed leads, plugs, hasn't touched c.a.s and coil but got the microtech checked and was good. Can someone please help me in the right direction. Has somebody been in this situation or recommend me ideas or reputable mechanics in the Sydney area? Thanks and sorry for long post lol
0 likes
stokowagnArchived member
All your problems will be solved: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maato...12970498868322 (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maatouks-Racing/112970498868322)
0 likes
NSNPWRArchived member
Is the new pump mounted in the original intank cradle and sitting in the swirl pot (inside the factory tank) properly??? Running a car up on the dyno is very different to giving it sh1t on the street, fuel splashes around everywhere and rushed to the back of the tank etc under loadf...if the pump isn't sitting in the right position it could be losing fuel pressure...ignition miss is usually sharp and abrupt, fuel miss or lack of fuel pressure is more surgy or hesitant or feels like its sucking air... Try filling the tank right up and driving it around.
0 likes
3QY30TArchived member
I'm not sure but I bet the mechanic probably did something wrong when installing fuelpump inside the cradle of the tank. Cheers I'll get him to have a look at it. Btw having a vl tank doesn't necessarily matter does it? I mean is the only difference between the vl and vl turbo tanks volume?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today46

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT