Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

What cp Pistons did you use in your rb30et

Started by rb25vlt8 · 10 Jan 2015 · 12 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

rb25vlt8Archived member
Hey guys I'm chasing a part number for off the shelf cp Pistons to suit rb30et there are two types on with a gtr dish and the other to suit rb30det I've been speaking with a eBay Supplyer that tells me cp don't do a piston to suit the rb30et only twin cam rb30s he said the twin cam Pistons may work but wound have the correct compression ratio and has quoted me $720 usd to get a custom set made only worrie is if they don't make them exactly I will end up with custom Pistons that won't work for me I'd rather get a off the shelf part number with suitable comp ratio let me know what part no piston and comp ratio used in your rb30 sohc motors Cheers
0 likes
SteveArchived member
Ask Spool imports what they are http://www.spoolimports.com/spool-en...hc-rebuild-kit (http://www.spoolimports.com/spool-engine-rebuild-kits/nissan/rb30et-sohc-rebuild-kit/nissan-rb30et-sohc-rebuild-kit)
0 likes
sherman89Archived member
Twin cam ones are fine. 95% of rb30s with aftermarket pistons are using pistons designed for twin cam applications. Je/nitto make the only aftermarket piston specifically for single cam use. (as far as i know)
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Seen thouse spool import pistons they must be a custom order that spool imports do
0 likes
SteveArchived member
Dave, give Spool a ring or send an email and ask them if they're custom Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
vltnitronArchived member
Quantum industries and i think Spool was getting them made as a custom pistons and selling them for rb30et. Since quantum has closed down it has made it very hard to buy them, spool must be the only supplier left? I rather use them for 98 fuels, or as said use the conversion piston for e85 fuel. But in saying that i'd buy nitto's first
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
I've got a set of 20's that I got in error when I need 40's. I'll try and DL the pics.
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Whats the details on them ?
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
Forging 85-2A Bore Diameter 3.406 Clearance 0.0035 Compression height 1.28 Piston gauge point 0.5" up from bottom skirt 3.4025 Top groove width 0.04 Top groove Diameter 3.091 2nd groove width 0.048 2nd groove Diameter 3.075 3rd groove width 0.111 3rd groove Diameter 3.097 intake valve relief -0.28 exhaust valve relief -0.18 Dish depth -0.28 Pin diameter 0.866 Pin length 2.25 Lock type 0.63 wire gram weight 325 cam profile CP832XS
0 likes
bachig24uArchived member
I have a set JE's for a RB30DET or NA conversion, bought two sets and never built the second engine because I haven't killed the first. JE (SRP) 253899 8.6:1 but depends on how much you machine things or mod combustion chamber.
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Xec747 what brand and comp ratio and how much do you want for them and baichi how much you after for the je pistons
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
They are CP's, comp I'm not sure and price wise I haven't thought of but enough for me to get replacements of any forgie.
0 likes
bachig24uArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by rb25vlt8 [View Post] Xec747 what brand and comp ratio and how much do you want for them and baichi how much you after for the je pistons I'm after $750.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT