Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Vl turbo wagon project

Started by weetee · 24 Dec 2014 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

weeteeArchived member
Hi all fellow enthusiast. Here she is my VL Berina Turbo Wagon, Bit of a unconfirmed story behind this old girl as to weather it is a factory VLT or has just had a motor transplant, Tags don't match with the engine number and so on but it seems to have had the turbo motor from day 1 ( might go into depth later on ) I had a VLCT sedan before the wagon and converted that to 30e+t which I was stoked on, a couple of weeks later I had seen this advertised, he wanted quite a bit for it but I called him and managed to get it for a good price. I had to fly down to Levin from Auckland ( yes I'm a Kiwi ) I was doing this in hope that it did have the a8 turbo motor as the tags said otherwise and he could not confirm. I didn't check out the car as much as I normally would as I was committed to buying it or I would be stuck in a hick town so gave him the cash and set off on my 7 Hour journey back to Auckland. after getting to the end of the drive and went to hit boost it didn't do a thing but rev out. **** clutch was gone, I still could drive it but at a pain staking pace , I had to get run ups for hills and sometimes ending up at 30kmph once at the top haha About 2 hours into my trip and filling it with $100 gas, I could smell gas didn't think to much of it and carried on, I then looked at my fuel gage and it was on empty, I pulled over popped the bonnet and the NO1 injector was pissing out gas, The only toll I had was a but of flat metal I found in the glove box, after wriggling the tail hose around for a good 10 minutes I found the perfect spot for it to stop shooting gas. I Finally made it home and the first thing I did was get that engine number....YES and it was a A8 which to me made my trip worth while. Here is a pic of the day I got it ---------- Post added 24-12-14 at 17:37 ---------- [/IMG] [/IMG] ---------- Post added 24-12-14 at 17:39 ---------- Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
bLuj3tArchived member
pics don't work buddy
0 likes
SIKVLTArchived member
exciting trip haha
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT