Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Just need a few people's opinions on my dyno results preferably people who have experience with rb's or own a Vl
My setup consists of
A8 (130psi comp test average)
3582r
JPC exhaust manifold
3inch two mufflers and 100 cell cat
JD plenum
PWR cooler
Wade 818 cam
Siemens 650cc injectors
Bosch 044
Ice coil and leads
Just had it tuned and power seems down
Tuner said restrictive exhaust .
Made 231rwkw@5300rpm 823nm@4300 on 15 psi 98 pump .
Now previously car had made
198rwkw with gk tech cooler kit injectors and computer and 15psi 3 inch cat back straight pipe different tuner .
I know dynos are not the greatest indicator of true power and quarter mile times are but just after an educated opinion .
To me just seems low I was expecting the 250rwkw mark .
0 likes
Theres an entire thread on peoples results with that turbo...
Is the car Auto or Manual??? Why was it only revved to 5300rpm???
Mine made 302rwkw with that turbo, through an Auto@18psi on 98 a few weeks ago...as you said, all dynos are different...what does it feel like on the road?
0 likes
It was revd to 6000 peak power was at 5300
Manual
Dyno pull in 4th
Wolf 3d v4
Tuner was under the pump and had a lot of cars to finish before Christmas and I just wonder if he rushed it, made it safe but didn't really take it further as it wasn't taken up to 18 and bough back to 15 just set to 15 and tuned in that .
Hence why I want people's opinions
0 likes
My setup is similar and last time I had it tuned made 233kw around 900nm was turning tyres easy and no lag at all,But I was having a heap of dramas with mine last time
X2head gaskets and bottom end ,In saying that we made the tune "safe" 3rd time around and took timing out it,It only made 193kw
That power figure seems ok if it's safe, but going to a different tuner now he reckons the way the the old tuner did it was sorta wrong and he reckons next tune he will piss 250kw in with my new cam, so there's obviously a lot of variables between tuners that I've learnt the hard way
0 likes