Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Just wanted to know if anyone has used a vipec plug in ecu on here or maybe even the Link ecu equivalant? They seem to be pretty sneaky in the way they Can be placed into the stock ecu case which is a good thing. Anyone that has upgraded to one of them I'd like to hear your thoughts about these Ecu's. I also hear they can run without an AFM? Also how are they for cold starts etc.. Also any decent places in Sydney to get them tuned/installed?
0 likes
I have a friend that uses them, does everything he wants. Single cammer, big cam. Starts and idles awesome, he has all the IAC valve and everything wired up and runs it all. Setup anti lag the other day, pretty straight forward.
0 likes
That's what I like to hear. Could you recommend a tuner in sydney?
0 likes
Not really, just ring around. It is pretty straight forward ECU and software package. Here in Canberra Jakes Performance did this one.
0 likes
Anyone got any info on cost for this unit? Roughly and what else is required or is it just a straight plug in? Internal MAP sensor?
0 likes
I would also like to know
---------- Post added 16-12-14 at 09:18 ----------
"Advan Performance" have the Link g4 plug in ecu on ebay for $2,160. I'm not sure if that's just for ecu itself or ecu+tune.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Internal map from memory and it wasn't a cheap ECU so the price sounds about right. I don't think it was quite that much. All the specs are on the website AFAIK and the manual is available for down load.
0 likes
vipec n link ecu r ***n awesome , 1 of the best ecu's on the market , a fair they tuners r starting 2 use them
0 likes
Awesome computers, in terms of Link pricing $2100 sounds like it's just for the G4 Extreme. The Storm is roughly around $500 less, and the Atom is around $1100. I've got a couple friends using the Storm in their drag cars and have had no problems what so ever.
0 likes
18-12-14, 08:31 GMT+10#10 I have another question about the link plug in ecus. Are they just all just called "plug in" or are there others apart from the g4 that plug in. I know about the extreme etc but I thought they were wire-in jobs.
---------- Post added 18-12-14 at 15:58 ----------
I'm also guessing that the plug in ecus wouldn't work with an aftermarket crank/cam trigger setup?
0 likes