Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Ls1 ignition coils - where to mount?

Started by mkdvl · 10 Dec 2014 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

mkdvlArchived member
Hey guys i have 6x LS1 ignition coils and just seeing where guys have them mounted apart from the usual firewall?
0 likes
vlct2010Archived member
Im also in the same problem.. ive head ppl mounting them on the drivers chassis rail near where thr charcoal canister sits . I wanna try mount mine under th runners
0 likes
qldvl5spdArchived member
(http://s203.photobucket.com/user/ian437/media/IMG_6345_zpsudadsby2.jpg.html) (http://s203.photobucket.com/user/ian437/media/IMG_0435_zps6fnujnod.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PSI086Archived member
Got mine down on the drivers side rail. No issues at all
0 likes
bachig24uArchived member
I wasn't too impressed with the remote mount brackets even if they were billet, So I had an engineer draw up the head, coils, leads in CAD and he made them all fit together. I Guess the single stick engines can't do this but if I was going to do a single, they would be in the cowl panel with a stack of firewall feed thru's and shield plate. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
Got mine next to the wiper motor
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 14 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today16

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 71 images saved from CT