Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Full spool moser 31 spline axle help

Started by dev-ito · 1 Dec 2014 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

dev-itoArchived member
Hey guys recently brought a set of 31 spline moser axles and a full spool (not sure of brand of spool) all new. What I've found is when I slid the spool over my axle it's very slopy and has excessive play it just feels **** house has any body else had this, I thought the tolerances would be better than this and it just make the whole thing feel weak. Any help would be appreciated thank you
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
Buy a decent spool . I bought a Romac /upc one
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
i got a romac full spool 31 spline bw diff....2 months old 2 wheel studs snapped off while driving wat would cause this???
0 likes
vltnitronArchived member
tzatziki make sure they have drilled the pattern for commodore. A mate had one drilled hq pattern and he didn't know in till he lost the wheel.
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vltnitron [View Post] tzatziki make sure they have drilled the pattern for commodore. A mate had one drilled hq pattern and he didn't know in till he lost the wheel. ok thanks vl nitron...gota check it out
0 likes
dev-itoArchived member
Went and spoke to upc today very nice and helpful bloke, anyway I sliped one of there spools over my axles and it was just as slopy in the spline as my other spool so I guess that the moser axles I've brought are undersized. I also brought a spool off them today aswell he said the slop in the axles should be ok not to sure what to do now?
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
When I first had my diff built it had Mosers in it , I had issues with the way it had been cut down and cleaned up , ended up giving them back to the diff shop and buying a set of altra9 Cromoly 31 spline axles with moly screw in studs for a 100 extra and the finish on them was excellent .
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Are Strange ones any better?
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
I contacted vpw as they do Strange axles , they don't do an axle to suit the small Borgwarner bearing . I even tried ordering direct from Summit in the states and they don't machine the axles to suit the commodore axles seal and it was gonna work out the same as buying them local . I've done my research I didn't just buy the Altra9 axles by accident . They **** all over the Moser axles that originally came in my diff .
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

2 members and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,266 threads and 21,081 posts saved from CT