Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

street Commodores magazine let down...

Started by sohc2 · 30 Nov 2014 · 15 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

sohc2Archived member
After reading a post on this website that a Maatouks car ARSONL was going to be featured in their magazine. I drove to the news agency and picked up a copy with a smile on my face and could not wait to get home and read the article on a tuff VL Turbo. I felt like a teenager again and was so excited to read some quality information about ARSONL. Too say I was disappointed is a understatement! After reading the article I felt like a 12 year old had written it! No decent information on the car what so ever! What the hell is going on over at street Commodores? I guess a few people wont like this post but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What does everyone else think about the quality of the write ups in SC magazine at present?
0 likes
PSI086Archived member
I thought exactly the same thing. Plus the magazine had about as many pages in it as a kmart catalogue
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Yes agreed Ive brought the magazine since i was a kid and look forward to tuff vl turbo articles but over the past year it has gotten really bad Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
Write them a letter, Im sick of reading about blown LS1 and VLT anyway, would rather read about a mint VH 253 lol..
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
They have to write to the lowest common denominator.. the average 12 year old that reads Street Commodores.
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by sohc2 [View Post] I felt like a 12 year old had written it!? Quote: Originally Posted by sohc2 [View Post] No descent information OK (<3 just playing, I don't buy car magazines because they're pretty useless these days).
0 likes
calais to4 meArchived member
Have not bought the magazines in ages Refuse to pay top dollar for a sub standard magazine
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
This is the quality of journalism these days. Universities are a business churning out below standard graduates.
0 likes
sohc2Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TheChad [View Post] OK (<3 just playing, I don't buy car magazines because they're pretty useless these days). Thanks for pointing that out Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
YetiArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by calaist5 [View Post] This is the quality of journalism these days. Universities are a business churning out below standard graduates. It has nothing to do with the Universities. The salaries involved are not likely to attract journalists.
0 likes
CHRGD6Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by calaist5 [View Post] This is the quality of journalism these days. Universities are a business churning out below standard graduates. That's a pretty wild assumption that anyone that works there is university qualified...
0 likes
Xibit0rArchived member
Have not purchased since the great project phoenix scam, not surprised.
0 likes
vlkid88Archived member
The best vlt features have been covered by jack or liam in the past.
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRGD6 [View Post] That's a pretty wild assumption that anyone that works there is university qualified... Yes was a bit out there lol I'm still pretty cynical whilst in my last semester at university.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
I love the mag and what it stands for but quolity seems to be dropping I would take the people's feedback with a grain of salt and consider what we are saying as consumer feedback. The pics seem to be almost screen shot quality in some cases. To put this into co text.. Don't know about the rest of Aust but here in WA we get a 3 in one pack for around $12 inc Pilbara tax. Any way it's usually recycled stuff but the quolity is crap. I'd rather quolity over quantity. This could be just be the times are a changin and the Internet but **** that ****. If the mag is a good read and has a poster and vls I'll buy it without hesitation. Sad to look at this mag as just another generic moneymaker for 12 yo's
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
lol, i wasted my money on this issue to... thats just magazines though, i have had 2 cars in mags and both times the stories where udder crap cheers darren
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 12 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT