Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi guys, I picked this up tonight and I was hoping someone could tell me if it is a genuine HDT wheel or if it's just a genuine horn pad on a wheel. I have a feeling it might be, because it's strange to find a non-HDT momo wheel with a horn pad like this.
Basically the wheel is stamped 6-87, which is in line with the time frame, the horn pad appears to be about as old as the wheel and is clearly the real deal. But nowhere on the wheel is it stamped HDT, I thought they stamped it in the metal somewhere if it was a genuine HDT wheel? I'll let the pictures in the next post do the explaining if you haven't got it from that.
Also the boss kit is a bit weird, can anyone identify that? it came off an H(something) panel van.
Also, from the following pictures of wear of the leather, can anyone value it for me? I know what I've seen them advertised for on ebay, but then I know there exists crack pipe pricing like 4blok etc.
Cheers,
---------- Post added 08-11-14 at 21:35 ----------
(http://s172.photobucket.com/user/hide_the_sausag3/media/calais/20141108_211954_zps86j3o0xe.jpg.html)
(http://s172.photobucket.com/user/hide_the_sausag3/media/calais/20141108_211849_zpsu1qc5dxw.jpg.html)
(http://s172.photobucket.com/user/hide_the_sausag3/media/calais/20141108_211900_zpsojb41scn.jpg.html)
(http://s172.photobucket.com/user/hide_the_sausag3/media/calais/20141108_212003_zpstvk5rnzs.jpg.html)
(http://s172.photobucket.com/user/hide_the_sausag3/media/calais/20141108_212023_zps8grh76yg.jpg.html)
I've been sneaky and stuck it up on ebay for a very optimistic $750, will adjust the price depending on whether it's genuine. Otherwise I may just restore it myself and run it in my calais. Though I've never been a fan of using genuine HDT parts on non-HDT cars when there are genuines out there lacking the right bits.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Crap! I wanted to buy this soo bad for my build it was on gumtree for 150 a few hours ago I just missed out on it! good grab though my friend
If your wanting to sell it pm me I need one
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Yes genuine,This is called a VL GPA Ghiibli
Model type V36,there were 3 different types of horn pads.One had his signature in it.
Great score,You will get great coin for it,It if was in great nick expect 6 hundy to a cool 1 k
Like this which is easy to repair leave it at your price and see what you get offered.
Cheers Marty
Ps do not get this re leathered,Just use the leather repair kit if doing it your self(fibrenew)
0 likes
seems legit. date is correct, has the correct horn dimples and the pad is certainly corret.
the pad is used on a series of vehicles with a different sticker being stuck to that wswish bit.
i dont believe any of the wheels themselves were stamped HDT.
furthermore photos arent clear but that looks like the correct collapsible momo boss kit.
HD - WB is the same stering column spline as vb - vl so should be interchangable.
value wise not sure but apart from the discolouration it looks good id say 200 for the centrepad easy 100 for bosskit easy so maybe value of 500 all up. the date code is the winner
0 likes
https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/p...ring_wheel_kit (https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/leatherique/steering_wheel_kit)
anyone had a go with this kind of stuff? don't want to screw up the wheel but I'm pretty good with DIY kind of work.
http://www.brockcommodores.com/hdtfa...eringident.pdf (http://www.brockcommodores.com/hdtfactsheets/BCSteeringident.pdf)
I was reading this last night, is the pad likely to have had a sticker at some point?
some of the paint on the boss kit is flaking off, which makes me think it was probably from a tan optioned car, given it's black underneath and apparently the boss kits were painted to match the interior. I guess I should get it painted grey if I'm going to use it then!
---------- Post added 09-11-14 at 18:24 ----------
I just pulled the add from ebay, received an offer of $680 so the value is much more than I originally thought. I'll need to do some more research into what it will be worth because I did want to use it on my car.
0 likes
Lucky find, some leather conditioner, let it soak in the hit her with some black boot polish, don't ever sell it, there is a sticker that goes with it as an option.
0 likes
Best looking steering wheel ever.i got the mazda look alike wheel I couldn't find a genuine.
0 likes