Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

VL Calais V8 Worth?

Started by nico · 6 Nov 2014 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

nicoArchived member
Hey Guys, Thinking about selling my Series 2 V8 in Sydney. Wondering what they are worth? Has minor engine work (stage 2 cam), supra 5 speed conversion, looks standard, a little rust bubbles rear window, red over silver. Been a running project over the years, as I could afford things, I got things done or fixed. Not a show car, average condition. Kms says 175k kms but has stopped working and who knows with previous owners. So many receipts from new parts... prob $20ks worth Runs like a dream and cruise on weekends usually. Let me know your thoughts
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Pictures say a thousand words! 5k?
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
Yea more info and pics
0 likes
bluey803Archived member
I bought a 355 Stroker original 5L Calais in pretty good gondition for $9500 a couple years ago Before that was an original 5L calais in very good condition (stock) $8000 As stated above, condition is the key and if its original or not
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Do you have to have it certed over there(OZ) for the 5 speed supra box? Cheers Marty
0 likes
nicoArchived member
Cheers for the comments... Im gonna hold off till Christmas as I need to sell my Subaru B4 daily driver first.. Yeah complete original, its neat but not perfect. If I can the subaru I'll keep the calais SS nut - I was told no engineers cert required for conversion. got a local mechanic put it all together for me
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 226 images saved from CT