Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Vl Calais Turbo thinking about selling

Started by drivnlow · 27 Oct 2014 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

drivnlowArchived member
Hey I'm just after some feedback on people might think my VL Calais is worth if I put it up for sale. There's not a great deal that pop up for sale in SA that are similar so its hard to know. I have had it for 2 years and driven it a handful of times on the weekend. A lot of the things below I have done in the last 18 months. Its a July 86 VL Calais turbo from factory. Pretty well stock RB30 with nistune ECU. Last tune was 181kw 5 speed manual Front mount intercooler 3 inch exhaust coiler over suspension in front, airbag assisted in rears New heavy duty clutch fresh paint on front bar, nose cone and bonnet. rebuilt LSD diff with new billet steel axles Battery Boost gauge Turbo timer New radiator and all new cooling hoses VT front brakes - new discs and pads Hoping the pic uploads to. Cheers [IMG] (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/mclayson88/media/Vlpic_zps4c4bd0cc.png.html)[/IMG] Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
In relation to a quick price without seeing it in person, I would say around $10,000 give or take. That's just my opinion, I'm sure others will differ Nice, thanks for sharing. It's great to see some fresh vl turbos in adelaide.
0 likes
drivnlowArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by calaist5 [View Post] In relation to a quick price without seeing it in person, I would say around $10,000 give or take. That's just my opinion, I'm sure others will differ Nice, thanks for sharing. It's great to see some fresh vl turbos in adelaide. Thanks mate. Yeh I know its a bit hard going off a picture. 10k was sort of the number I was thinking or hoping. Cheers
0 likes
silverRBArchived member
There's a few on carsales.com.au buddy. Maybe jump on there and compare yours with what they're offering?
0 likes
YetiArchived member
How much rust (boot / window seals / engine bay)? What condition is the interior in?
0 likes
drivnlowArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeti [View Post] How much rust (boot / window seals / engine bay)? What condition is the interior in? There's no visible rust throughout the car. Before I owned it it's obviously had a respray so I'm not sure how any rust would've been repaired if it had some. Engine bay is okay apart from the fuse box is a mess like a lot of vl's. Interior is pretty good for its age. Has one cigarette hole in the back seat which is a bummer. All electric windows work and the pop up lights works. [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
Missing calais lower door moulds
0 likes
drivnlowArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by NASTY1 [View Post] Missing calais lower door moulds You're right. But I wouldn't think this will affect the price to much. It also doesn't have rear calais lights, no badges, doesn't have calais wheels and doesn't have standard calais front bar. If someone is looking for one that looks like it just rolled out the factory then this wouldn't be for them. But I'm sure they could get it back looking like that if they wanted. ---------- Post added 29-10-14 at 14:58 ---------- [/IMG] Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
bti_jetArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by drivnlow [View Post] Hey I'm just after some feedback on people might think my VL Calais is worth if I put it up for sale. There's not a great deal that pop up for sale in SA that are similar so its hard to know. I have had it for 2 years and driven it a handful of times on the weekend. A lot of the things below I have done in the last 18 months. Its a July 86 VL Calais turbo from factory. Pretty well stock RB30 with nistune ECU. Last tune was 181kw 5 speed manual Front mount intercooler 3 inch exhaust coiler over suspension in front, airbag assisted in rears New heavy duty clutch fresh paint on front bar, nose cone and bonnet. rebuilt LSD diff with new billet steel axles Battery Boost gauge Turbo timer New radiator and all new cooling hoses VT front brakes - new discs and pads Hoping the pic uploads to. Cheers [IMG] (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/mclayson88/media/Vlpic_zps4c4bd0cc.png.html)[/IMG] Hey champ keen on ur car,if ur after a quick sale pm me a price we'll take it from there Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT