Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Average Running temps

Started by t-rav · 25 Oct 2014 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

t-ravArchived member
I'm running standard temp tridon highflow thermostat no shroud no belt fan just Davies craig 14 inch thermo fan (because my cooler piping is in the way of standard fan otherwise would have kept it . thermo pulling air into engine bay) turbo radiator in gc all new hoses and have bypassed heater core . . Driving it very tame not on boost its sitting at 91-93 with thermo on (one bar above half way). What is everyone else's VL's average ? I feel as tho this is too high for driving like a grandpa And yes have bled coolant system properly put big funnel in top of radiator and filled it so all air can escape head . Is it possible to keep below half way on temp gauge with just thermo fan or do I need a shroud bigger radiator ? Lower temp thermostat ?
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Are you sure that is the correct temp,You have used a laser temp gauge to check it is the correct temp. Dash gauges are just appox and not a true reading and can vary from car to car. Cheers Marty
0 likes
SkinkisArchived member
Mine averages between 82-87 degrees (180-190 farenheit) just putting around, no matter what outside temp it is. Running twin AU-thermos that come on in sequence, first at 85, second at 92 degrees. Don't know what thermostat I have in mine, however, I've bought a highflow Tridon 71 degree thermostat that I'll chuck in when I upgrade my turbo.
0 likes
t-ravArchived member
The reading I'm getting is off of my computers (aftermarket ecu) hand controller so it should be correct although it is using the original tridon sensor . Thanks for the feed back though appreciate it ---------- Post added 25-10-14 at 22:58 ---------- Have been researching all night . Possibilitys are: Davies Craig thermos are **** house Head gasket has combustion leak into coolant gallery Ill do a compression test tomorrow see what I get
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today81

6,315 threads, 42,436 posts and 618 images saved from CT

18.4% of indexed threads saved