Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I've shortened the diff in my VH and can no longer run a disc brake set up on the rear without huge modifications so to save the drama I'm converting back to drums . The front brakes are VZ and I'm using a VT booster and master cylinder . Does anyone know if this set up will work with drum rear brakes ? Cheers George
0 likes
im using vs v6 booster and vt master on my vl wagon with drum rear and works much better then standard
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Are you using vt front brakes though ?
0 likes
My first vl commodore ran a vt front brakes with the larger master cylinder and drums on the back. Worked fine massive improvement in braking. 70 % of braking if not more is done by the front so don't worry car will behave fine. The booster is just allowing you to apply the brakes without exerting a massive force with your foot. I can see no issue running this setup
0 likes
The car is on the road , no issues with drum brakes on the rear ?
0 likes