Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Targa VLT?

Started by Boyracer · 7 Oct 2014 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

BoyracerArchived member
Does anyone know if a VLT has ever done a Targa Tasmania or long distance rally? I reckon the power to weight would be great, besides a bit of lag they would be competitive.
0 likes
doctordanArchived member
I cant recall any myself, but someone else may do. There was previously A yellow bt1 set up as a rally car here however.
0 likes
CurlyArchived member
Its not a VLT but it still is cool Hunter Walkinshaw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1h5B6v6EsU
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
Someone has gotta race a VLT in Targa, it would go off.
0 likes
SteveArchived member
I've thought about it plenty of times. I dont think it would be competitive enough whilst following all the rules. The Hunter Walky isnt competitive, he just does it for fun
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Steve [View Post] I've thought about it plenty of times. I dont think it would be competitive enough whilst following all the rules. The Hunter Walky isnt competitive, he just does it for fun He hung the arse out all day, he wasn't chasing times, if an RB30 is lighter than a 304 and minimal HDT spoilers are lighter than a Walky kit then you could build a lighter more powerful VL road tourer, she would have to have reliability built into it for day after day torment.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT