Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey guys
I'm about to fit my cpc plenum to my vlc and just wondering if anyone has any pics of how they have relocated there power steering reservoir and if they had to move the battery to the boot or not.
Thanks in advance
0 likes
Few ways of doing it. But this is how I went about it
(http://s203.photobucket.com/user/ian437/media/vleng.jpg.html)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
How is that mounted there? With the original bracket? Do you know if it's possible to keep the battery or do you have to run the piping through there
Thanks for your help mate
0 likes
It's just a bit of alloy plate bolted to where the master bolts to the strut tower and onto the standard p/s reservoir clamp.
I'm sure you can keep the battery and not cut any holes,
Jump on custom plenum creations Facebook page he has a heap of pics on there.
0 likes
Are you still running the cruise control? There's not a lot of room there on mine.
0 likes
Has anyone had a problem after they have installed there plenum that it won't go over 2000rpm under load goes into limp mode?
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula3l
[View Post]
Has anyone had a problem after they have installed there plenum that it won't go over 2000rpm under load goes into limp mode?
Didnt happen to also go auto around the same time did ya? mine did that and i just had to bridge the auto wires under teh dash
0 likes
Nah the car is auto tho what wires did you have to bridge
---------- Post added 01-11-14 at 13:50 ----------
The over drive has stopped working to maybe that has something to do with
0 likes
01-11-14, 17:32 GMT+10#10 Try the overdrive solenoid and also clean and inspect your electrical connections.
0 likes
01-11-14, 23:42 GMT+10#11 The over drive doesn't bother me ATM that stopped a while ago just want to be able drive it
0 likes
02-11-14, 06:43 GMT+10#12 As I mentioned yesterday this would not be anything to do with the plenum. Definitely sounds like an electrical problem, airfow meter, crank angle sensor? These are moody sensors and usually stop working for absolutely no reason at all. Havong said that, did you relocate the airflow meter and extend the wiring? I installed one of these on my own daily just recently with a completely standard computer with no drawbacks what so ever. Also no idle control and still starts first time and drives without any problems.
0 likes
02-11-14, 09:02 GMT+10#13 Highly doubt it's the Plenum Ariel's plenum's are one of the best going around I had one on my VL no problem at all even with factory ECU and I was running LPG! Lol
0 likes
02-11-14, 09:17 GMT+10#14 I'm not blaming the plenum at all I'm very happy with it just trying to get ideas as to what it could be
I haven't touched the airflow meter at all it all starts fine runs fine just keeps going into limp mode when under load
0 likes
02-11-14, 16:47 GMT+10#15 Try changing the airflow meter and see what happens
0 likes
02-11-14, 17:46 GMT+10#16 Sorted it out it was the tps had 2 faulty ones and on the 3rd it ran fine thanks for all of your help
0 likes
03-11-14, 09:03 GMT+10#18 Here's mine..
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
03-11-14, 17:44 GMT+10#19 and to suit no hole intercooler piping available on request
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes