Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

R31 skyline, it's almost a VL.

Started by Garage9 · 5 Oct 2014 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Garage9Archived member
I just joined up here so I thought I would just post up what I'm mucking around with, at the start of this year my partner and I decided to jump in and start our own business Garage9.com.au selling brake parts and upgrades. About this time we decided that we should build a car that we can use to promote our business. The plan for this car is just to clean it up a bit and leave the car looking stock for the most part, a small amount of lows and some polished TI wheels will probably be the only cosmetic changes. It will stay auto but will eventually receive a shift kitted and manulised valve body and a histall, a standard VL turbo setup will go on for now but will be replaced buy a highmount setup latter on. I just want a nice clean car that is quickish on the street, not looking for a 500hp monster something close to 200KW will do for now. First photos I have of the car when I purchased it. (http://s242.photobucket.com/user/iwantboost/media/captured_by_snapseed_62_2_zpstof8jpok.jpg.html) (http://s242.photobucket.com/user/iwantboost/media/captured_by_snapseed_91_zpskizz34lu.jpg.html) 1/9/14 - Picked up car 7/9/14 - Replaced damaged front bar with S3 bar 7/9/14 - Rear Pedders low springs and shocks in 13/9/14 - Front RDA dimpled and slotted discs and QFM A1RM pads in 13/9/14 - King spring lows in 13/9/14 - New front wheel bearings 27/9/14 - Replaced damaged rear bar and fixed rear quarter damage 27/9/14 - S3 tailights installed 27/9/14 - Replaced siezed rear calipers with VR commodore items 27/9/14 - Rear RDA dimpled and slotted discs and QFM A1RM pads in car as of 4/10/14 (http://s242.photobucket.com/user/iwantboost/media/captured_by_snapseed_87_2_zpstzblmee3.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Cool I love r31s.
0 likes
Garage9Archived member
their not to bad Mus, I have always wanted a VL but every time I have looked to buy one I only find junkers, when Im not looking nice ones seem to turn up at good prices lol, this will do for now. Today I started to get the turbo conversion under way, I removed the front bar and grill along with the aircon gear so we can look at mounting the cooler, removed the manifold and exhaust and put my 3 inch cat and cat back in. One of the studs had snapped and the previous owner had just left it so ill have to get that removed and then I can start bolting all the turbo gear up. (http://s242.photobucket.com/user/iwantboost/media/captured_by_snapseed_113_1_zps9hvkicq6.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today64

4,830 threads, 30,104 posts and 499 images saved from CT

14.1% of indexed threads saved